Are your Guests in the sun for your Ceremony? Provide water stations, fans, hats or umbrellas.
Outdoor weddings in the middle of the summer are both gorgeous and popular, however they come with an added factor to consider- the weather. Below we’ve listed for you some tips, tricks and advice to help you best beat the heat during an outdoor wedding!
- Make-up: One of the most important things to consider for a summer wedding is how to keep your make-up intact throughout the day. Waterproof make-up often holds up better in the heat, and it’s important to blot with a powder and finish your make-up with a hydrating mist spray.
- Hair Styles: The best hairstyles for a summer wedding are those that keep your hair up and off your face and neck. Braids, buns and accent pieces can go a long way.
- Keep baby powder, deodorant and a body spray on hand. Baby powder and deodorant are great for keeping you dry, while a quick spray will help you stay smelling fresh. Encourage the guys to sprinkle it on before they put on their shirts.
- Hydration, hydration, hydration! Drinking plenty of water is one of the most important things you need to remember, and is easy to forget with all the excitement of the day. Drinking plenty of water will help you stay feeling great all day long. For every glass of champagne or lemon drop, be sure to drink at least 1 glass of water.
- Make sure your guests are comfortable, and keep pitchers of water around the reception and ceremony. Also think about using fans on a hot day, or turning your programs into handheld fans for your guests to use.
- Watch out for bugs! There’s nothing worse than being attacked by pesky bugs all night, so consider using citronella candles or some other repellent, and keep plenty of bug spray on hand!
- Finally, have a Plan B and a Plan C, D and E. The weather and other conditions can be unpredictable, so make sure you and your wedding planner have plenty of options. Weather can affect everything from decorations to food to how clearly your ceremony and reception music can be heard. Be prepared for rain, a strong sun, wind and anything else that can pop up!